- Top ApolloX Gainer: EOSUSDT (+19.72%)
- Top ApolloX Loser: CRVUSDT (-26.17%)
The EOS blockchain’s EOS token rallied 24% on August 17 to a monthly high of $1.62 after the EOS Network Foundation revealed that its long-awaited EOS rebrand was coming soon. It is currently trading at $1.54 according to CoinMarketCap data. Meanwhile, Curve Finance’s CRV token has seen a 28% decline over the past week according to CoinMarketCap data. The protocol was hacked for $570k 2 weeks ago. The majority – if not all — of funds have been recovered.
Bitcoin price fell from above $23k to as low as $21.5k on August 19 after Germany reported record producer price inflation at 37%, leading the broader crypto market down. In the crypto futures market, BTC open interest dropped by $1.17 billion and aggregated funding rates turned negative as compared to last week. Over $332 million BTC long positions were liquidated this week, with a whopping $209 million of BTC longs liquidated on August 19 alone when BTC plunged. On the same day, $208 million ETH longs were also liquidated.
- Ethermine, the largest Ethereum mining pool, is no longer producing blocks containing Tornado Cash transactions after U.S. sanctions. (Learn more)
- U.S. government officials have requested to appoint an independent examiner to look into Celsius's collapse into bankruptcy. (Learn more)
- HUSD issuer Stable Universal said HUSD’s depeg was a result of shutting down the accounts of several market makers to comply with legal requirements. It did not indicate if the legal requirements were related to Tornado Cash sanctions. (Learn more)
- Cardano developer Adam Dean revealed a bug in Cardano node version 1.35.2 that caused the collapse of Cardano Testnet. (Learn more)
- New Tether auditor DO Italia has confirmed that Tether’s reserves showed a 58% quarterly decline in commercial paper holdings to $8.5 billion as of June 30. (Learn more)
- Terra founder Do Kwon has admitted that Terra was "a massive failure in terms of risk assessment" in a new Coinage interview clip. The first clip was widely criticized by viewers who accused Kwon of shirking responsibility for Terra’s collapse. (Learn more)
- Bitcoin ATM manufacturer General Bytes had its servers compromised on August 18 via a zero-day attack. The number of ATMs compromised and amount of funds stolen have not been disclosed. (Learn more)
- A U.S. digital economic zone backed by the Catawba Indian Nation in Rock Hill, South Carolina, wants to recognize DAOs as either unincorporated non-profit associations or limited liability companies. (Learn more)
- Dozens of BAYC NFTs purchased with borrowed money at BendDAO and used as collateral, are in danger of getting forcibly sold. Floor prices have tumbled in recent months and 45 of the 272 NFTs attached to loans are close to being auctioned off. (Learn more)
- Meta founder Mark Zuckerberg has promised better graphics for Horizon Worlds, Meta’s metaverse attempt, after a screenshot of his digital avatar received backlash and became a meme. (Learn more)
What’s New at ApolloX
- DEXs & The Future - Missed ApolloX’s AMA with LaunchZone and BNB Chain? Catch the recording here. (Listen now)
- Cumulative APX Repurchase - As of August 18, the cumulative APX repurchase is 1.17 million. (Stake APX now)
- New APX Listings - APX has been listed by Poloniex Exchange, with trading pairs APX/USDT and APX/USDD offered. (Learn more)
- New DEX Engine partnerships - We are pleased to announce the latest partnerships for ApolloX DEX Engine with LaunchZone and Chocolate Swap. (Learn more)
- BNB Chain Project Star - ApolloX is excited to be announced as one of BNB Chain’s Project Stars, an initiative to recognize best innovators on the chain! (Learn more)
Risk Reminder: Crypto trading carries a risk. All trading activities are done at your discretion and at your own risk. The information here should not be regarded as financial or investment advice from ApolloX. ApolloX will not be liable for any loss that might arise from your use of any financial product.
The ApolloX app is available on Apple Store or Google Play here.
Stay up to date with ApolloX!