- Top ApolloX Gainer: 1000SHIBUSDT (+40.53%)
- Top ApolloX Loser: OPUSDT (-24.83%)
The price of Shiba Inu (SHIB) spiked 30% on Sunday, hitting highs not seen since May as new money poured into meme cryptocurrencies and more than 292 million SHIB tokens were burned in the last 24 hours. Meanwhile, Optimism (OP) price has dropped 21% over the last week according to CoinMarketCap data.
Bitcoin price steadily pushed closer to $25k this week as investors remain cautiously optimistic from recent economic indicators. In the derivatives market, bitcoin open interest increased by $934 million and aggregated funding rates stayed positive as compared to last week, buoyed by rising sentiment in the market. A total of $497 million BTC liquidations and $737 million ETH liquidations happened in the last 7 days. On 10 August alone, over $62 million BTC shorts and $123 million ETH shorts were liquidated after BTC and ETH jumped following the lower-than-predicted release of the U.S. consumer price index for July.
- Crypto lender BlueBenx reportedly blocked all 22k of its users from withdrawing their funds following an alleged $32 million hack, which many suspect to be a hoax due to the lack of clarity. (Learn more)
- The Netherlands have arrested a 29-year-old developer, Alexey Pertsev, suspected of being involved in the Tornado Cash protocol sanctioned by the U.S. (Learn more)
- Binance has traced and seized over $450k worth of crypto assets stolen in a frontend attack on Curve Finance which saw it exploited for $573k. Crypto exchange Fixed Float froze the remaining. (Learn more)
- Ethereum developers have scheduled September 15 or 16 as the target date for "the Merge" to proof-of-stake after a successful final testnet deployment. (Learn more)
- MakerDAO founder Rune Christensen has urged the serious consideration of the depeg of DAI stablecoin from the U.S. dollar following U.S. sanctions on Tornado Cash. (Learn more)
- DeFi platform Acala’s native stablecoin, aUSD, plummeted 99% on Sunday after hackers exploited a bug to mint 1.28 billion tokens. (Learn more)
- Trading and liquidity marketplace Velodrome Finance has recovered $350k stolen by prominent pseudonymous team member Gabagool on August 4. Gabagool owned up following an internal investigation and returned the amount in full. (Learn more)
- NFT marketplace OpenSea will now require a police report to be submitted for newly-filed claims within seven days of flagging an NFT as stolen. (Learn more)
- South Korean social networking platform Zepeto will get a Web3 makeover with a crypto-enabled metaverse called ZepetoX on the Solana blockchain. This is a collaboration between Naver-owned Zepeto and Jump Crypto. (Learn more)
What’s New at ApolloX
- ApolloXplore Mystery Box Pre-Sale - Qualified whitelisted users in the Community Rewards Program and Rockets NFT Holders can participate in the pre-sale round. Registration ends August 17. (Register now)
- New DEX Engine Webpage - Seen our new DEX Engine landing page yet? View our features and partners’ testimonials now! (Visit page)
- APX Repurchase - As of August 11, cumulative repurchase of APX is 799.51k. Stake APX on DAO to get repurchase rewards. (Stake now)
- New DEX Engine Partnerships - ApolloX is pleased to announce our new partners: KillSwitch, CubSwap and SafePal! (Learn more)
- Ethereum Merge Update - ApolloX will support the Ethereum Merge scheduled for Q3/Q4 this year. (Learn more)
- 24th Epoch Trading Rewards - Win from a 9,000,000 APX trading rewards pool and 100,000 APX staking rewards pool! (Trade now)
Risk Reminder: Crypto trading carries a risk. All trading activities are done at your discretion and at your own risk. The information here should not be regarded as financial or investment advice from ApolloX. ApolloX will not be liable for any loss that might arise from your use of any financial product.
The ApolloX app is available on Apple Store or Google Play here.
Stay up to date with ApolloX!
Telegram | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Discord | ApolloX News Station