- Top ApolloX Gainer: FILUSDT (+73.82%)
- Top ApolloX Loser: FTMUSDT (-8.64%)
Filecoin (FIL) is up 99% over the last 7 days, still buoyant following news on July 28 that venture capital Holon Global rolled out three crypto-funds including one for FIL. Meanwhile, the Fantom (FTM) community recently voted to use one-third of the network’s burn fees to fund new projects built in the Fantom ecosystem. Its token price saw a modest rise of 6% over the last 7 days.
Bitcoin held steady to end the week above $23k as the U.S. Federal Reserve hiked interest rates, a measure of inflation, by 0.75 basis points for the second time this year. In the derivatives market, BTC open interest increased slightly by over $167 million as compared to last week, while funding rates stayed positive. There were a total of $194 million long liquidations and $213 million short liquidations. Ether derivatives saw more activity this week. ETH’s 20% rally on Wednesday caused around $222 million in short liquidations on July 27-28 alone.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) rose 184% in July, consistent with its record of rallying around major Ethereum upgrades. Other altcoins like MATIC and UNI also surged. (Learn more)
- Bitcoin increased 19% in July, its best trading month since October 2021. Ethereum is also up over 50% in the past 30 days. (Learn more)
- BTC unexpectedly surged around 8% following the U.S. Federal’s decision to raise interest rates again on July 27. Experts explained that the markets may have been initially bracing for much worse. (Learn more)
- Crypto lender Babel Finance reportedly lost $280 million in proprietary trades with customer funds. (Learn more)
- Polygon co-founder Mihailo Bjeliczk said scaling solution EVM rollups will allow Ethereum to outpace Visa in terms of transaction throughput. (Learn more)
- 99.9% of Aave DAO voters have approved creating GHO, which will be Aave’s new stablecoin backed by over-collateralized assets. (Learn more)
- ApeCoin DAO has voted in favor of funding news site The Bored Ape Gazette, which covers news about BAYC, MAYC, BAKC NFTs and Otherside, Yuga Labs’ upcoming metaverse game. (Learn more)
- Celsius revealed that a list of its users' email addresses was stolen by a Customer.io employee during the same data breach that affected NFT marketplace OpenSea in late June. (Learn more)
- Jewelry brand Tiffany and Co. will sell 250 customized, diamond-encrusted CryptoPunk pendant necklace, exclusively to CryptoPunk holders. Each necklace sells for 30 ETH. (Learn more)
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) will build a virtual reality classroom in the Metaverse, to be called MetaHKUST. (Learn more)
- Solana opened Solana Spaces, its first real-world Web3 experiential store in New York City. (Learn more)
- Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin said that corporations like Meta that are trying to build the Metaverse today will be unsuccessful as “it's still too early for corporations to know how it will look.” (Learn more)
What’s New at ApolloX
- 2nd Proposal Voting - Voting is still open for ApolloX’s proposal on the Trading Fee Rewards Cap Ratio. Ends August 3. (Vote now)
- ApeSwap x ApolloX - DeFi protocol ApeSwap has partnered with ApolloX DEX Engine to launch ApeSwap Pro derivatives trading on its platform! (Learn more)
- 22nd Epoch Trading Rewards - Earn your share from a 9,000,000 APX Trading Rewards Pool and 100,000 APX Staking Rewards Pool. (Trade now)
- APX Repurchase - ApolloX has started repurchasing APX with 30% of daily trading fee income. (View contract)
Risk Reminder: Crypto trading carries a risk. All trading activities are done at your discretion and at your own risk. The information here should not be regarded as financial or investment advice from ApolloX. ApolloX will not be liable for any loss that might arise from your use of any financial product.
The ApolloX app is available on Apple Store or Google Play here.
Stay up to date with ApolloX!