- Top ApolloX Gainer: APEUSDT (+43.65%)
- Top ApolloX Loser: AUDIOUSDT (-13.55%)
Apecoin (APE) rallied over 45% in the last 7 days after rumours of a Bored Apes metaverse land drop and speculation that APE would be the de-facto payment token. Altcoins like Web3 music token Audius (AUDIO) saw red after bitcoin fell below $40k.
Bitcoin consolidated under $40k this week for the first time since mid-March, with the monthly price chart showing a bearish trend. Open interest increased only slightly this week as the market traded sideways. Meanwhile, Bitcoin funding rates changed from positive to negative, showing lack of confidence by traders in a short-term price rebound. A total of $264 million long positions were liquidated this week; $121 million was liquidated on April 21 alone when Bitcoin slipped from $43k.
- A court filing reveals that bitcoin seized in 2020 will be used to repay the Silk Road founder's $183 million debt to the U.S. government. (Learn more)
- Pamana may soon see crypto law being put into effect. Its government is currently reviewing a bill regulating the use of crypto in the country. (Learn more)
- Ukraine’s government has temporarily banned crypto purchases to preserve the health of its national fiat currency, Hryvnia. (Learn more)
- Morgan Stanley said the integration of Strike and BlackHawk Network lets bitcoin enter physical locations, which makes up 85% of U.S. transactions. (Learn more)
- Algorithmic stablecoins have been branded by critics as “ticking time bombs” as they depend on algorithms or financial engineering to maintain their peg to the dollar. (Learn more)
- Grayscale has sent a letter to persuade the US SEC to approve converting its $40 billion Bitcoin Trust into a bitcoin spot ETF. This comes after the fourth bitcoin futures ETF by Teucrium was approved. (Learn more)
- An Akutars NFT launch on Friday went wrong when flaws in the project’s smart contract locked away $34 million worth of ETH, inaccessible by the creators or buyers. (Learn more)
- In a rare comedic bungle, a hacker stole over $1 million from DeFi lending protocol Zeed but forgot to transfer the crypto out from a smart contract that was set to self-destruct. (Learn more)
- Stripe will use blockchain Polygon to enable its customers to pay vendors in USDC stablecoins. Twitter will be the first company to try out the feature. (Learn more)
- Core Dogecoin developers have successfully sent Doge over 100 miles via radio waves via Starlink internet connection. This could mean that Dogecoin can be sent to remote areas where there is no traditional financial infrastructure. (Learn more)
- Polygon has launched a new Polygon Supernet chain for Web3 development, pledging $100 million to early users who can help fast-track adoption. (Learn more)
What’s New at ApolloX
- New ApolloX Perpetual Contracts - Trade 9 new perpetual contracts including EOSUSDT, XMRUSDT and JASMYUSDT with up to 50x leverage. (Trade now)
- Russian Community Launched - ApolloX has launched its Russian community! (Join now)
- NFT Lottery Game Round 4 - Round 4 ended with a total prize pool of 708,550 APX. Stay tuned for Round 5! (Visit page)
- APX Auto-Staking Function - From April 25, you can automatically re-stake APX on ApolloX DEX. (Learn more)
Trading & Contests
- Double Your Deposit - Exclusively for Russian users! Deposit a minimum amount of $100 to enjoy rewards of up to $500. (Deposit now)
- $250 APX/USDT Giveaway - Daily crypto news straight into your inbox and win when you participate in our giveaway! Ends April 25, 23:59 UTC. (Subscribe now)
- DEX Spot $10,000 Prelaunch Giveaway - Get ready for spot trading on ApolloX DEX! Complete simple tasks to share two $5,000 prize pools! (Join now)
Risk Reminder: Crypto trading carries a risk. All trading activities are done at your discretion and at your own risk. The information here should not be regarded as financial or investment advice from ApolloX. ApolloX will not be liable for any loss that might arise from your use of any financial product.
The ApolloX app is available on Apple Store or Google Play here.
Stay up to date with ApolloX!
Telegram | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Discord | ApolloX News Station