Captain X - ApolloX Captain
Mikel - ApolloX Champ
1. Could you talk a little about ApolloX?
- We are the first CEX and DEX hybrid crypto exchange in the world.
- Order book and the match engine are shared between the CEX and the DEX exchanges so that everyone can get the best execution.
- We offer easy and safe trading of USDT-margined Perpetuals which is the most popular futures product right now with leverage up to 100 times.
2. What do you think about the current market setup and the sentiment?
- Mikel: The last couple of months have been tough for everyone. We will see what happens in the short to mid term. I'm definitely bullish long term.
- Captain X: I think the market has rebounded in the last few weeks. The market may be bearish in the mid term, but if we’re talking about the long-term, I think everyone in this industry is optimistic.
3. How could crypto investors protect themselves in a possible bear market?
- Captain X: Asset allocation - allocate some of your positions in BTC or ETH rather than betting everything on smaller coins. Utilize other risk controls like smaller positions or taking profit earlier. Hedging your position with futures would obviously be another one. As mentioned, we are a futures market.
- Mikel: DYOR. Be responsible. If your portfolio is up, maybe take some profits. What I usually do is when a coin doubles, take half off the table then you have a risk free position. I recommend that everyone read up on some risk management.
4. What is your investment philosophy?
- Mikel: Look at it long-term and ignore the short-term volatility. Don’t read Twitter and check your portfolio all day, look at it long term. That is my general philosophy.
- Captain X: The volatility for BTC is probably 5 times versus stock markets and for alt coins it is probably 10 - 100 times versus traditional markets. It takes a lot to earn steady profit. For new retail users, buy and hold is the best strategy.
5. Why did ApolloX choose to run on BSC first?
- Captain X: BSC is as active as ETH - probably more active than ETH. The gas fees are much less which is a competitive edge. We don't see an active futures market on BSC, which is an opportunity.
- Mikel: From users’ point of view, doing transfers on BSC through the ApolloX DEX is so fast and so cheap.
6. I’m keen to hear from you what do you think makes a good project?
- Mikel: When I see the team listening to the community and actually implementing for the users. Also, tokenomics. I saw that in ApolloX’s case, there is no portion for the team. That shows that ApolloX is not doing it for themselves, but for the users.
- Captain X: I think the most important thing for a good project is use cases. Just take us as an example, we do think there is an inherent demand for futures trading. The business model of an exchange is very mature and clear. There is a very clear revenue source. Innovation is also important.
7. What differentiates ApolloX from the current competition on the market?
- Captain X: In terms of the hybrid design, we cater to different types of users. Everyone will get the best execution. Another thing I'd like to mention is spot trading. We are about to launch DEX spot trading in this quarter. I think this is the first time we're announcing this.
- Mikel: Wow, that's some big news! Like the Captain mentioned, innovation is very important. For me, one reason why I use ApolloX is the freedom of choice for users. ApolloX has this amazing trading rewards program where I trade and earn tokens.
8. Advice on how users can leverage ApolloX to better protect themselves in the current market or increase their earnings?
- Mikel: We talked about hedging. ApolloX always has new campaigns going on where users can get rewards and win capital to trade. If they have any losses or whatever, they can get back some of the funds which is amazing.
- Captain X: We have several other risk control tools like stop loss orders and so many others. We do have many educational content as well. 3-4 blog articles every week.
9. How are you guys talking to the user base or where should they potentially be looking to be updated with ApolloX?
- Captain X: We make important announcements on Twitter and our own webpage. We do have Discord and Telegram communities in several languages - English, Korean, Turkish etc. You can follow us on any of these channels.
- Mikel: Head to the ApolloX website, scroll down, and there are buttons for news, announcements.
10. If you can tell us the utility and what users can do with APX token, that’ll be great.
- Captain X: As a native exchange token, you can use APX to pay commissions when trading with us. That’s the most important use case for APX token right now. We do have a staking pool. If you stake APX with us, you will get staking rewards. And we are about to launch LP staking pool soon.
11. I know you have to make some announcements with regards to some upcoming events for users. Please go ahead if you want to do that now.
- Captain X: Sure. We’ve prepared a $5000 airdrop to BSC users for this event. Just try out our product and make a single trade, and you will be eligible. We will pick up to 100 users to get $50 in APX each.
12. If you stake LP and it gets locked up for 30 days, are we able to unlock it and move it to a new staking pool?
- Captain X: There’s no lock period for LP token staking. You can unlock anytime.
13. There is a reward coming up specifically dedicated to this livestream. Again, thanks a lot Captain and Mikel for the session today.
- Captain X: Great, cool. Thanks for having us, Alex.
- Mikel: Thank you guys so much and everyone listening, please follow ApolloX on all social media for this specific airdrop with BSC. Thank you.
The full livestream replay can be viewed here.
Risk Reminder: Crypto trading carries a risk. All trading activities are done at your discretion and at your own risk. The information here should not be regarded as financial or investment advice from ApolloX. ApolloX will not be liable for any loss that might arise from your use of any financial product.
The ApolloX app is available on Apple Store or Google Play here.
Stay up to date with ApolloX!