In hedge mode, you can have both long and short positions open for the same contract at the same time. Therefore, opening and closing positions in hedge mode is different than in one-way mode.
To enable hedge mode, please refer to the article on How to Enable Hedge Mode for more details.
How to open or close position in Hedge Mode?
Go to the ApolloX Futures Trading page, select the contract pair you want to trade, and find the "Order" widget on the right.
1. Opening/Closing a Position:
You can place an order by selecting [Open] or [Close].
- Select [Open] if you want to open a new position or increase the size of an existing position of the same direction.
- On the other hand, you can select [Close] if you want to close a position or reduce the size of an existing position of the same direction.
2. Margin Mode:
You can select [Cross Margin] or [Isolated Margin] mode. Different positions for the same contract use the same margin mode (Isolated Margin/Cross Margin). You cannot change the margin mode if you have any open positions or open orders.
Refer to How to Change Margin Mode for more details.
3. Leverage Multiplier:
Click [20×] to adjust the leverage multiplier. If you do not adjust the leverage multiplier, it will be set to 20×, which is the default on ApolloX.
For more details, see How To Change the Leverage Multiplier.
4. Order Types:
You can choose order types such as limit orders, market orders, or stop-limit orders.
Please refer to the article on Orders Types for more information.
5. Time in Force:
- GTC (Good-Til-Canceled): This kind of order will continue to be valid until it is completely filled or canceled.
- IOC (Immediate-or-Cancel): This kind of order will be filled immediately in full or in part, and the remaining unfilled part of the order will be canceled.
- FOK (Fill-or-Kill): This kind of order must be filled immediately, otherwise it will be canceled.
6. Open Long/Open Short:
Confirm your order, then select [Open Long]/[Open Short] to open a position or [Close Short]/[Close Long] to close a position.