In hedge mode, you can buy long, buy short, sell short and sell long on the same contract at the same time. Therefore, opening and closing positions under hedge mode is different from one-side position mode.
To enable the hedge mode, please refer to the article How to Enable Hedge Mode for more details.
How to open or close position in Hedge Mode?
Go to ApolloX trading page, select the contract you want to trade and find "place order" widget on the right hand side.
1. Open/Close Order:
You can place order by selecting [Open] or [Close].
- Select [Open] if you want to initiate a position or increase current position size.
- Select [Close] if you want to close a position or reduce position size.
2. Margin Mode:
Select “Cross” or “Isolated” margin mode. Only one margin mode is allowed per contract. Adjustments of margin mode are not allowed if you have open positions or open orders.
Refer to How to change Margin Mode for more details.
Click [20x] to adjust your leverage. The default leverage multiplier on ApolloX is 20x if no adjustment has been made.
Refer to How do I change the Leverage Multiplier for more details.
4. Order Type:
Choose the available order types. For example, "Limit", "Market" and "Stop Limit" order, etc.
Refer to Types of Order on ApolloX Futures for more details.
5. Time in Force:
- GTC(Good Till Cancel): The order will continue to work until the order fills or is cancelled.
- IOC(Immediate Or Cancel): The order will execute all or part immediately and cancel any unfilled portion of the order.
- FOK(Fill Or Kill): The order must be filled immediately in its entirety or not executed at all.
Select [Open Long]/[Open Short] or [Close short]/[Close Long] once you have confirmed your order.