- Top ApolloX Gainer: ENSUSDT (+22.69%)
- Top ApolloX Loser: APEUSDT (-12.07%)
The ENS token rose over 9% in the last 7 days, likely due to an increasing number of registrations and renewals, hitting an all-time high last month. 39k new users joined in September. Meanwhile, APE sank 14% following news that the U.S. SEC is probing Yuga Labs for its wildly popular NFT collections.
*Data cited from CoinMarketCap
Bitcoin (BTC) started and ended the week above $19k, though markets reacted negatively at first following higher-than-expected prices at Thursday’s U.S. inflation report. In the derivatives market, BTC open interest increased by $451 million while aggregated funding rates continued to be negative, as compared to the previous week. Volatile price movement on October 13 caused BTC to fall below $19k, triggering $219 million long positions to be liquidated on that day alone. The sell-off then led to a rally to $19.8k, the coin’s highest in the week, before retracing to more modest levels. A total of $249 million shorts and — double that amount — $491 million longs were liquidated this week.
- Several cryptocurrency exchanges will discontinue service to their Russian users as part of new U.S. sanctions. (Learn more)
- France has approved its third-biggest bank, Société Générale, to operate digital asset services through Forge, its blockchain-focused subsidiary. (Learn more)
- India plans to develop standard operating procedures for cryptocurrencies during its G20 presidency, from Dec. 1, 2022, to Nov. 30, 2023. The G20 is a global forum for addressing the major issues related to the global economy. (Learn more)
- One Mango Markets exploiter has outed himself as Avraham Eisenberg. He defended his actions as legal after returning $67 million. (Learn more)
- Wintermute, which suffered a $160 million hack in Sep., has paid back its largest debt due October 15, involving a $92 million Tether loan issued by TrueFi. It still owes $75 million USDC and WETH to Maple Finance and $22.4 million to Clearpool. (Learn more)
- Ethereum-based Layer 2 protocols Arbitrum and Optimism have seen a steady increase in transactions since the early 2022, and both have set new all-time highs in September. (Learn more)
- Ethereum reached a new censorship milestone on Oct. 14 when 51% of the blocks produced over the last 24 hours followed the U.S. OFAC compliance guidelines, most notably in censoring Tornado Cash transactions. (Learn more)
- Solana NFT marketplace Magic Eden is moving to an optional royalty model and waiving its 2% platform fee in a bid to attract more users. The news sparked immediate outrage on NFT Twitter. (Learn more)
- Oscar-winning actor Anthony Hopkins' first NFT art collection sold out in under seven minutes on NFT marketplace OpenSea, reportedly the fastest sell out on the platform. (Learn more)
- A report from Web3 developer platform Alchemy shows the number of smart contracts deployed on Ethereum has increased by 40% since the end of Q1 2022 even in the bear market. In September, an all-time monthly high of 17,736 smart contracts were deployed. (Learn more)
What’s New at ApolloX
- DEX Engine Partnership - ApolloX is pleased to announce the latest DEX Engine partnership with decentralized trading protocol MDEX. (Learn more)
- New Perpetual Contract - Users can now trade HTUSDT with up to 50x leverage on ApolloX DEX! (Trade now)
- 30th Epoch Trading Rewards - Epoch cycles have been adjusted from 10 days to 1 day. The Daily Trading Rewards Pool is 900,000 APX. (Trade now)
- Position Sharing Feature Update - Referral codes on position sharing posters on Web have been replaced with users’ DEX wallet addresses! (Learn more)
- 5th DAO Proposal Passed - The proposal created to reduce the amount of APX rewards earned in APX-BUSD LP staking has passed for ‘Reduce APX output to 1.5’. (Learn more)
- Daily Rewards Program Adjustment - The minimum trading volume for Daily Rewards Program has been adjusted to 250 USDT. (Learn more)
- LaunchZone x ApolloX - Catch ApolloX at the D & CEX Meetup in Hanoi, Vietnam, organized by LaunchZone. (Learn more)
Risk Reminder: Crypto trading carries a risk. All trading activities are done at your discretion and at your own risk. The information here should not be regarded as financial or investment advice from ApolloX. ApolloX will not be liable for any loss that might arise from your use of any financial product.
The ApolloX app is available on Apple Store or Google Play here.
Stay up to date with ApolloX!
Telegram | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Discord |ApolloX News Station | CMC Community